my music lounge

Just a simple music blog where i got to post my fave songs playin inside my head:P

Monday, February 20, 2012

#19 - Adele (Album)

Her debut album '19' was to reflect her age while she was writing it: "I just kinda remember becoming a bit of a woman during that time. And I think that is definitely documented in the songs."


19 is the debut album by English singer-songwriter Adele. It was released on 28 January 2008, the week after the lead single, "Chasing Pavements", was physically released. It debuted at number one on the UK charts on its first week.Included is a cover of the Bob Dylan song "Make You Feel My Love" from his 1997 album, Time Out of Mind. As of December 2011, worldwide sales for the album is an estimated 6.5 million copies.
Disc 1
  1. "Daydreamer"
  2. "Best for Last"
  3. "Chasing Pavements"
  4. "Cold Shoulder"
  5. "Crazy for You"
  6. "Melt My Heart to Stone"
  7. "First Love"
  8. "Right as Rain"
  9. "Make You Feel My Love"
  10. "My Same"
  11. "Tired"
  12. "Hometown Glory"
Disc 2 – Acoustic Set Live from Hotel Café, Los Angeles
  1. "Chasing Pavements"
  2. "Melt My Heart to Stone"
  3. "That's It, I Quit, I'm Movin' On" (Sam Cooke cover)
  4. "Crazy for You"
  5. "Right as Rain"
  6. "My Same"
  7. "Make You Feel My Love"
  8. "Daydreamer"
  9. "Hometown Glory"
  10. "Many Shades of Black" – Bonus Track Performed by Adele and The Raconteurs
Singles:
"Hometown Glory"
Released: 22 October 2007
"Chasing Pavements"
Released: 14 January 2008
"Cold Shoulder"
Released: 21 April 2008
"Make You Feel My Love"
Released: 27 October 2008

The Taiwanese edition was released on 5 March. As well as the standard tracklist, the album features three bonus tracks: "That's It I Quit I'm Movin' On" ("Chasing Pavements" B-side), "Now and Then" ("Cold Shoulder" B-side) and "Painting Pictures" ("Make You Feel My Love" B-side).The Indonesian special edition was released on 3 March.

As well as the standard tracklist, the album features a bonus video for "Chasing Pavements".


 In the U.S 19 debuted at #56 and in 2009, after winning 2 Grammy Awards, the album rose to a new peak of #10 on the Billboard 200 and total sales reached 843,880, the album is now certified platinum by the RIAA.

As of 2011 Year-End Chart:


Australia 11
Germany 45
Ireland 4
New Zealand 8
Poland 60
Spain 38
United Kingdom 4
United States 37


February 2012: Sold 1,806,046 copies in the United States. As of the week ending 24 April 2011, 19 was No. 1 on the Top Pop Catalog Albums for 9 weeks. No. 27 to No. 16 on Billboard 200, topping Top Pop Catalog Albums for a 16th week.




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. Care to comment? Thanks!